Thursday, May 4, 2017

Chicken Thigh Teriyaki

 
 
 
About five years ago, several month before she passed away, my mother found this recipe in a free magazine that a bank clerk had given her.
 
She liked the recipe, and told it to me while we were talking on the phone.
 
Since then, I've loved this tasty, easy-to-make chicken thigh teriyaki.
 
To make the teriyaki, we need about 1 pound of chicken thigh, 4 tablespoons of soy sauce, and 2 tablespoons of honey.
 
Put all the ingredients in a plastic bag, and rub the soy sauce and the honey into the chicken.
 
Let stand for at least an hour, and grill it until done.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
cue: chicken
 
 
 
 

13 comments:

  1. Now this was a nice surprise, to come and find a tasty recipe for chicken in six sentences! :-) The link-up is now open at Uncharted so you can add your post. I just posted mine. I'm happy you are joining us for Six Sentence Stories this week, Romi!

    Josie Two Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Romi,

    Sounds yummy but DH can't have honey. What would be a good substitute? This is my first go with Six Sentence Stories and I have I'm Not Chicken posted now. Please don't be chicken to come by to see me today! ~Curious as a Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple can be good! Sounds good

    ReplyDelete
  4. not so much into the food thing, but I'm with Josie, what a creative Six... (even being a recipe, the connection to family totally makes it work.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! It sounds like just the thing to make on a busy day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to try this simple recipe, Romi. I had no idea that teriyaki sauce was simply soy sauce and honey. I bet you think of your mom every time you make it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's my kinda' recipe and definately my kinda' dish! I think I'll copy it down! Cheers!

    Click to visit Keith's Ramblings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this sounds good--and I was really feeling hungry for teriyaki chicken, so thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great take on the prompt...a family story and a delicious recipe...which I will cerainly make. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! You got so much out of six tiny SENTENCES. Thanks! Ivy/zoe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice and simple - my kind of recipe. I'm ready for summer griling!

    ReplyDelete