Thursday, June 15, 2017

Update

 
 
I haven't had enough time to write in my blog recently, because I've been absorbed in practicing playing the electronic organ.
 
Several days ago, my wrists and thumbs began to hurt, and I realized that I had been spending too much time playing the musical instrument. So, I'm forcing myself to do something else in my spare time, such as reading books, listening to CDs, and studying more about the organ pieces I've been practicing. Searching for the lyrics of the chorale, Meinen Jesum laß' ich nicht, I came across a wonderful website that has the original lyrics and their English translation, and this is the link to the website: Bach Cantatas Website.
 
I've downloaded and printed the lyrics of some of my favorite chorales. I'm going to study the lyrics, and learn some German words, while waiting for my hands to heal.
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Haha - nicely done! Thanks for the link to some lovely music. Hope your hands feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, it is always good to see what others have found on the net.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well written and effective use of the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I could play music at that level, I would be doing it often too! I am glad that you realized your hands needed rest, and found another way to continue your musical interest. I love Bach's work, and will enjoy checking out the link you shared. Thank you! Don't be a stranger here, update us now and then. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be lovely to be able to play. Perhaps like so many other things you have to work your way up to being able to do it for hours at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done. Nice use of the prompt, fitting it into your present circumstance ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great SSS for the cue this week. Thank you for sharing the link too. You have some serious studying to do. I appreciate Bach much more as an adult than I did as a young piano student. It is interesting how we all have favorite composers at different times of our lives. When I was a beginning piano student, I preferred pieces by Beethoven.

    ReplyDelete